Donation & Appearance Requests
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins are committed to positively influencing and supporting the local community beyond just hockey. We believe that in keeping with the Penguins tradition, we have a responsibility to give back to the community that has supported us over the years. However, because professional sports entities receive hundreds of requests for appearances and donations, the following guidelines must be followed. These guidelines ensure fairness while maximizing the benefits the Pens can provide the community.
All requests must include a WBS Penguins Charity Request Form (download here) and a letter on organization letterhead detailing the charity event. Send request to:
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Attn: Community Relations
40 Coal Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
OR Fax to: 570-208-5432
Due to the large volume of requests we receive, e-mail and phone message requests are NOT accepted.
All requests must be made at least 4-to-6 weeks in advance - no exceptions.
Failure to include the following information may result in denial. All requests must include:
• Description/mission of the organization
• Date, time and location of event
• Event purpose/beneficiary
• How item will be used (raffle, door prize, auction)
• Verification of 501(c) (3) (non-profit status) (if applicable)
• Contact name, telephone number and complete street address. We do not mail donations. All donations MUST be picked up at the Penguins Team Store in Wilkes-Barre prior to the event.Requests for special appearances, speakers, and participation in community events will be handled through the community relations department.
Penguins Community Relations Department. Our Area of Focus:
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins organization places priority on supporting communities where our fans and employees live and work. We support many organizations and charities, including groups assisting disadvantaged youth, educational development and youth hockey programs. Preference is given to organizations that meet the above criteria.We are unable to accommodate out-of-area requests, monetary donations or charitable sponsorships.
All requests must be submitted in writing and on event, organization or company letterhead.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2016 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab